BEST WESTERN North Carolina Lodging and Major Attractions
Our challenging golf courses come complete with breathtaking mountain vistas. Go white-water rafting, explore a native gem mine, and attend a seasonal festival. Or simply relax by our pool and enjoy the panoramic view of the Great Smoky Mountains. Should you visit in winter, you'll find some of Western North Carolina's most challenging ski slopes nearby.
With the Blue Ridge Mountains nestled in the backdrop, the 8,000-acre (originally 125,000 acres) Biltmore Estate and Biltmore House are remarkable and popular North Carolina attractions. Tours of the Biltmore House, including the newly refurbished fourth floor and the Biltmore Estate are available daily. The Biltmore Estate and Biltmore House attract nearly a million visitors a year to Asheville, North Carolina.
Paramount’s Carowinds association with Paramount brings Hollywood-themed entertainment to the North Carolina. The Nickelodeon Central zone at Paramount’s Carowinds has family rides and characters from favorite Nickelodeon television shows, such as Dora the Explorer's Azul Adventure, Hey Arnold's Taxi Chase, Rugrats Runaway Reptar, and the Wild Thornberrys River Adventure
Seasonally, Paramount’s Carowinds offers the Scarowinds Halloween attraction. Live shows with top musical artists and a 16-acre water park, Boomerang Bay (open in the summer only) round out the experience at Paramount’s Carowinds.
The Outer Banks of North Carolina is a line of barrier islands separating mainland North Carolina from the Atlantic Ocean. Covering over 70 miles of the Outer Banks is the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
Visitors can explore the national seashores, the inlets, the sounds, and the history of North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Fly-fish or windsurf, on Pamlico Sound, observe waterfowl at one of the many Wildlife Refuges, take an auto tour, bike ride, go camping or hiking, snorkel or stargaze on North Carolina’s Outer Banks.
- 2 mile(s) from downtown Waynesville shopping and dining
- 4 mile(s) from the Blue Ridge Parkway , (Balsam Gap)
- 17 mile(s) from gem mining
- 30 mile(s) from the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad
- 35 mile(s) from the Biltmore House
- 38 mile(s) from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee
- 117 holes of golf among 6 courses
- 6 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 15 mile(s) from the Cataloochee Ski Area, snowboarding, tubing and ice skating
- 25 mile(s) from whitewater rafting, hiking, scenic roads and waterfalls
- 26 mile(s) from Harrah's Cherokee Casino
- 7 mile(s) from Maggie Valley
- 20 mile(s) from Dillsboro
- 30 mile(s) from Cherokee Indian Reservation
- 35 mile(s) from Asheville
- 35 mile(s) from Bryson City
- 70 mile(s) from Gatlinberg
- 38 mile(s) from the Asheville Regional Airport
130 Shiloh Trail, Waynesville, North Carolina, 28786, US
Phone: (828) 456-4402 Fax: (828) 456-4885